Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xanten - event ended after lightning hurts 15
Hi all,

I took the liberty of checking if the APX could act as intermediary to contact the victims on our behalf, so we might send a postcard or a free pass to our joint future shows and just got this reply;

Hallo Herr Karremans,
das ist wirklich sehr nett von Ihnen. Leider wissen wir die Namen auch nicht, weil die Polizei und die Krankenhäuser sie nicht herausgeben, um die Opfer vor der Presse zu schützen. soweit ich weiß, geht es aber allen besser.
Beste Grüße, U. Grote

So here's where our efforts end. Keep them in mind and prey for a speedy recovery.
Paul Karremans
Chairman and founding member
Member in the Order of Orange-Nassau, awarded for services to Roman Living History in the Netherlands

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.gemina.nl">http://www.gemina.nl
est.1987
Quote:Another article in "De Gelderlander" mentioned a hole in the ground a meter deep caused by the impact!!

I was there when the impact hole was being measured and photographed. It was about 3 inches (7 cm) across and 62 cm deep! It was halfway between two trees and although the branches overlapped directly above it, there was no apparent burning to the leaves. Likewise the grass did not appear damaged even around the hole. I photographed it with my mobile phone but the image is too indistinct to be worth trying to reproduce.

And, like the rest of us, I hope the girl is OK
Max Attenborough
I really wonder about that 'impact hole'. On friday I already noticed that in several places on the terrain there were deep round holes. I think the hole was already there and had nothing to do with the lightning...

Vale,
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Yes, it did look as though someone had just removed a post and left an empty hole ...

However that would suggest that the lightning left no mark that anyone could detect ... :?
Max Attenborough
When we arrived at Friday afternoon there was no post in the ground at that spot.
There was also no Palus for the gladiators in that spot, or posts for boundary ropes.

Blackened parts of an umbrella where on the edge of the hole, parts of a mobile phone where next to one of the trees.
Regards

Garrelt
-----------------------------------------------------
Living History Group Teuxandrii
Taberna Germanica
Numerus I Exploratores Teuxandrii (Pedites et Equites)
Ludus Gladiatorii Gunsula
Jomsborg Elag Hrafntrae