Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saint Romain en Gal / France 6 & 7 june
Khairete !

I am pleased to show you here some pictures of our first true event as ATHENEA PROMAKHOS FRANCE joint with ATHENEA PROMAKHSO SPAIN, as a report on our activities : military as well as civilian.
FROESSEL
Congratulations!! really nice pics Big Grin

I have been told that civilian reenactment was very nice. I missed that one, I am with final exams Sad D
Javier Sanchez

"A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world was not sufficient"
[Image: 76946975ce3.png]
It really looks great, thanks for sharing Demetrios.
Kallimachos a.k.a. Kurt

Athina Itonia
[Image: smallsun1.gif]
[url=http://www.hetairoi.de:4a9q46ao][/url]
Excellent!

Kind regards
Thank you for you appreciations.

We did as well as possible with the poor weather we had during this week-end.
It prevented us from showing the complete exhibition but we managed anyway to perform and the public liked it.

Our next big event will be on 1st and 2nd August at the Museum of Villa Loupian, very close to Montpellier and close to Agde / foremer Agathè, greek colony in southern France.
Visitors welcome !
FROESSEL
Great pictures. What was the weather like? Looks ok from the photos.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Zeus was with us, but not on our side...
We had a storm every two hours, let's say. And then a lot of wind.
That's the reason why I chose the nicest photos so that you cannot see the whole camp covered with anachronic ugly (but so usefull !) blue plastic covers and weapons scattered all around.
The material (tents, statues, furniture etc) suffered a lot according to me : can you imagine crowds of visitors, with children everywhere, looking for shelter throughout our camp ? :lol: I would have torn my hair...
We'll duly sacrifice to the gods next time...
FROESSEL
Hi Demetrios ! You camp was really great and it's always a pleasure to meet you more numerous each year. Next year is the big event normally. Wil we see you more numerous again ?

Bye

Greg (from Letavia)
Greg Reynaud (the ferret)
[Image: 955d308995.jpg] Britto-roman milites, 500 AD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saint Gence ( France) Quintus Julius Furius 3 1,542 06-29-2012, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Saint Romain-en-Gal, Vienne France 5-6 June 2010 Graham Sumner 22 4,983 06-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Ilario
  Exhibition of paintings, GRAND, France. May-June Graham Sumner 24 4,757 07-15-2009, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat