Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient greek bireme Hyperborea - finished & UPDATED!
Actually, our group is based in Slovakia, Central Europe Smile The ship is being built in a small town called Prerov, on the border between Slovakia and Czech republic. There is a family clan of skilled shipwrights living in that town, who are helping us with the construction.

The initial project goal is to finish the ship and use it locally to educate tourists / children / students about the ancient greece and its interaction with the population in our area during bronze age (Halstadt). This will be done with river travel certification that is easy to achieve. We are aiming to get off-shore certification as soon as we can, so that we can start making trips to more popular locations and to visit thematically close events around Europe . We would like to follow then ancient amber road down to the Black Sea... and from there, into the mediterranean - to Italy and Greece.

I have recieved some more photos documenting recent progress, I will add them here when I manage to sort them out a bit and choose a representative sample.
Juraj "Lýsandros" Skupy
Dierarchos
-----------------------
In the old times, people were much closer to each other. The firing range of their weapons simply wasnt long enough Smile

Messages In This Thread
Re: Ancient greek bireme name selection and project support - by Lýsandros - 06-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Re: Ancient greek bireme Hyperborea - finishing stages - by vipsania - 08-01-2009, 02:13 AM