Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient greek bireme Hyperborea - finished & UPDATED!
Quote:Argos?

There is already a ship called ARGO, now they are even working on ARGO II - an improved version Smile
Juraj "Lýsandros" Skupy
Dierarchos
-----------------------
In the old times, people were much closer to each other. The firing range of their weapons simply wasnt long enough Smile
Quote:Size doesnt matter... if you have a frontal ram on your ship

That's a very childish and filthy remark worthy of the Carry On film scriptwriters ....

...you'd get on really well with my group!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
BRITANNIA
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.durolitum.co.uk">www.durolitum.co.uk
Hmm. I think the proverb, "Innuendo, out the other" might apply here, yes? :roll:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Oh matron!
BRITANNIA
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.durolitum.co.uk">www.durolitum.co.uk
Time for some updates! Here are pictures documenting the progress from the end of may. Enjoy Smile

[Image: ship1.jpg]

[Image: ship2.jpg]

[Image: ship3.jpg]
Juraj "Lýsandros" Skupy
Dierarchos
-----------------------
In the old times, people were much closer to each other. The firing range of their weapons simply wasnt long enough Smile
Looks awesome! Smile
Valete,
Titvs Statilivs Castvs - Sander Van Daele
LEG XI CPF
COH VII RAET EQ (part of LEG XI CPF)

MA in History
Call it HIPPOKAMPOS - the sea horses drawing Poseidon's shell-like chariot on the water.
Info and images here:
http://theoi.com/Ther/Hippokampoi.html

You can decorate the sail similarly!

Kind regards
We like your suggestion Stefanos, but there is one question connected to this (for all greeks and greek-speaking people). Is there a female version of the term HIPPOKAMPUS? While one cannot be sure, when did the female naming tradition start, most people from my group want a female name. :twisted:

Hereby I present you with the latest progress photos, if you have ever considered a donation, now is the best time, as we desperately need some more funds to finish the last bits Sad

Start of deck construction:
[Image: 11.jpg]

Continued deck construction and ram installation!
[Image: 12.jpg]
Juraj "Lýsandros" Skupy
Dierarchos
-----------------------
Excellent progress! What have you made the ram of? Bronze or iron?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Aphrodite? That's feminine.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Artemis, she is more athletic........ :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Who was Poseidon's wife/consort? That would be a good name.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Excellent progress! What have you made the ram of? Bronze or iron?

It is made of iron I am afraid, there was no way to get enough bronze for it around here.
Juraj "Lýsandros" Skupy
Dierarchos
-----------------------
Time to post some news! Even though the progress has slowed down a bit, it is still visible! We are currently planning an unofficial launch test on June 18th. Here are the pics!

[Image: p6301794.jpg]

[Image: p6301796.jpg]

[Image: p6301810.jpg]
Juraj "Lýsandros" Skupy
Dierarchos
-----------------------
Hi folks! Is the plywood hull shell final or you will cover it with proper wooden planks to make it looks historically authentic?
Martin