Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getae and Dacians? Are they the same? Or is this unknowable?
Quote:
recondicom:2otaegoh Wrote:... Naturally the Taefali are last right after the Syri ( : in the Notitia.. Occident and Britania. As for Gallia… What’s your point? Speculating for just another tribe of Alans? Perhaps the Syri was a phamton unit. What exactly is your timeline?

Well, aren't you clever. But not clever enough. :lol: Otherwise you wouldn't have to ask me for a timeline.

Here it is--
AD 100: The Roxolani begin moving through Iron Gate Pass and up onto the Hungarian Steppe. The Taifali follow behind the Roxolani and take Walachia as their pasturage.

8)

Salve again Alanus

I dont know from where you took that information, but is quite away from reality. AD 100 is one year before the first war betwen Dacian kingdom of Decebal and Roman empire of Traian. There are no such things as Roxolani passing to Iron Gate Pass in hungarian steppe, and for sure not any Taifali taking Walachia as their pasturage. There was Dacian kingdom back then, Roxolani was allies of Dacians, fighting as auxiliars for them and was based in north east of their kingdom, and Taifali was no near around, and really impossible to establish themselves in a quite big part of Dacian kingdom (the major power of Europe back then, outside the Roman empire), and took that as their pasturage. I think you make some confusions, with both time periods and peoples since yes, a Sarmatian peoples, not Roxolani, but Iazigi was based in hungarian steppes, brought by Romans as a buffer peoples and allied against Dacians, but not passing thru Dacians kingdom, but from north of it.
Razvan A.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Getae and Dacians? Are they the same? Or is this unknowable? - by diegis - 09-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Re: Getae and Dacians? - by Vincula - 11-15-2009, 09:48 PM