Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pompeii and the Roman Villa at LACMA
This may not be exactly the right spot for this thread but it is an event... an on going one. So Mods, move as you see fit.

Just returned from the LA County Museum of Art and their special exhibit: Pompeii And The Roman Villa -- Impressive!

The assembly of artifacts found in both Pompeii and Herculaneum is simply amazing, almost overwhelming. For those of us who will likely not make it to Italy to see the actual sites this is a great opportunity to see these items and see them close up. The display is well laid out and nicely documented.

Now, I will say that the Roman exhibit last year at the Muzeo in Anaheim was also excellent, and while this one is not necessarily better it is equally as impressive and contains items seldom allowed out of Italy.

If you are in the California area anytime this sumer or fall (the show closes October 3rd) I highly recommend it. Indeed when my grandson returns from Virginia I will go again and take him with me.

http://www.lacma.org/art/ExhibPompeii.aspx

Oh, and as an added bonus they are handing out passes to the Getty Villa in Malibu. Yes, the Getty is normally free, but these passes allow you to visit without making reservations.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA