Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AW Teutoburg forest now in print
A little later than I'd hoped, but this b*stard is done and at the printer! If you pre-order it before its distribution (i.e. before next Monday), it's still post-free.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Wow, again wonderful cover artwork! Can't wait reading this one.
ALA I BATAVORUM
I heartily agree - wonderful cover art! I am SO looking forward to this special issue. Especially since I preordered it back in January. The new original artwork that is part of the whole "Ancient Warfare" magazine is one of the things I value about it. There is plenty else of grreat value, too, but I get so tired of the same old recycled and often very inaccurate artwork in other military history mags.
Quinton Johansen
Marcus Quintius Clavus, Optio Secundae Pili Prioris Legionis III Cyrenaicae
Is this issue thicker than a regular one? Why is the difference in price?
M. CVRIVS ALEXANDER
(Alexander Kyrychenko)
LEG XI CPF

quando omni flunkus, mortati
Hi Alexander,
Yes, it is thicker than a normal issue (76 instead of 60 pages), with a heavier cover, no ads apart from on the inside covers and no regular features. No contents other than the Teutoburg Forest. Basically, it's like an Osprey Campaign book except you haven't seen these illustrations before (yes, an Osprey campaign volume has more pages, but ours are much larger) and it's altogether done to a higher standard, of course :wink: .
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Here's another excited RATer!!!
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
Just found my copy in the mail. At first sight I must say it´s even better as I expected. Many, many images and paintings, lots of information and all in the high quality as we´re used to. Well done Jasper and all others who contributed to this first AW special!
ALA I BATAVORUM
D-mn, why haven't I got my copy?! Tonight, I'm speaking to a very large audience and I might have referred to it. Or just left it on a table somewhere. That usually works to attract people.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
I received my copy in yesterday's mail. I am enjoying it and it is an excellent addition to my library. Thank you, Jasper, for putting together this SPECIAL!
Quinton Johansen
Marcus Quintius Clavus, Optio Secundae Pili Prioris Legionis III Cyrenaicae
I did not receive my copy so far. Did you send it out, Jasper?
Hi Svenja,
I'll answer via PM.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
See PM and E-Mail.
I recieved mine, and I am thoroughly enjoying it.
A good overview of the whole period, not just the Varus event, and some excellent artwork!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Finally I received my copy as well and enjoy reading it. Like Gaius said it is also a good overview of the general situation in Germania before the Varus Battle.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best \'Teutoburg Forest\', Varian disaster book mike_espo 3 1,628 10-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Last Post: caiusbeerquitius
  Best Books on the Teutoburg Forest? benglish05 10 4,277 05-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  Battle of Teutoburg Forest Iosephus Augustus 14 2,796 01-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Jona Lendering