Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier\'s diet
Guys, have a look at [url=http://p200.ezboard.com/fromanarmytalkfrm4.showMessageRange?topicID=1056.topic&start=1&stop=20" target="top]this old thread[/url] !<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
And there was an even older thread with the following from Anaten:<br>
<br>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><br>
Lea and Perrins Worcestshire sauce ingredients:<br>
Malt vinegar (from barley), spirit vinegar, molasses, sugar, salt, anchovies, tamarind extract, onions, garlic, spices, flavouring.<br>
<br>
The ingredients are fermented for a long time in the vinegar, strained and then transferred to wooden casks for further fermenting, the whole process taking three years!<br>
<br>
According to Delia Smith only the best anchovies from the Basque Region of Spain are used.<br>
<br>
You know, I'm beginning to think garum might not have been as bad as it sounds...<br>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><br>
<br>
There you go. <p></p><i></i>
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I just found a new book, which I ordered, but it has good reviews....<br>
Around the Roman Table <p>"Just before class started, I looked in the big book where all the world's history is written, and it said...." Neil J. Hackett, PhD ancient history, professor OSU, </p><i></i>
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Cheers Caius I love this snippet from the review: "Slaves were ordered to grow long hair so that their masters could wipe their hands on it." Those slaves really had a hard time of it <p></p><i></i>
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Soldier Diet and fitness Sparta07 16 16,843 06-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Marcus Mummius
  Roman Soldier\'s Diet-Different than you might expect? Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs 15 3,489 02-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs