Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legio X Fretensis uses innovative tactics to defeat Hoplite
Legio X Fretensis uses innovative tactics to defeat a Greek Hoplite at the recent San Antonio Museum of Art Greek and Roman Day.

[Image: sama0910.jpg]
"In war as in loving, you must always keep shoving." George S. Patton, Jr.
HAHAHAH, BRILLIANT! :lol:

Legion: TBD
Ha! Even for a Roman, that's a dirty trick! Serve you right if you get greasy Greek all over your hamata.

Matthew

PS: Better hope he doesn't turn around and see you in that position, boyo....
Matthew Amt (Quintus)
Legio XX, USA
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.larp.com/legioxx/">http://www.larp.com/legioxx/
Hahahahaa, and what do you mean by that exactly Matt? :lol:

New definition of the term "buttspike"??? Confusedhock:

Legion: TBD
Just saw this topic. Being the Greek in Question, I should have dropped the aspis, dory, and cuirass to make it a bit more fair for you guys.
"A wise man learns from his mistakes, but the truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
Chris Boatcallie
LOL. But nice impressions al of you, but why is a togatus holding the Vexillum?
ALA I BATAVORUM
Haha, Greasy Greek eh...how droll! :roll: :wink:

The guy holding the vexelum looks to be in a tunic?

Nice work guys, just shows how flexible the Roman tactics were LOL
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:why is a togatus holding the Vexillum
Good catch! I think because someone handed it to him and said, "Here, hold this." Being a true servant of the people, he simply set aside decorum and the traditions of the ages, and said, "Well, certainly, Citizen." The vexillarius had gone inside for some fresh bread and spiced olive oil dip, if you must know.

I'm in that picture, too, second from the right. You can just make out my left shoulder behind the Greek helmet, and a short bit of my decorated balteus strap. My new Republic scutum is on the right side of the Roman liine, covering the young soldier's tennis shoes. At the end of the event, while backing the van up onto the sidewalk to load up our stuff, I backed into a street sign and scraped the rear fender. My wife was not impressed, but hey, I only missed where I intended to be by about 2cm, so what's the fuss?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Ha ha thats one tactic to get it done.

I am glad to see on these forums that there seems to be a lot of Roman "activity" out in Texas. I am in South Florida and pretty much alone in our hobby. However I am moving to Houston on May 15th so I may run into you guys once i finish my kit up in the summer.
Travis Satterfield
Formerly Decimus Claudius Drusus screen name
By all means look us up, Travis.
"In war as in loving, you must always keep shoving." George S. Patton, Jr.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legio X Fretensis leads Roman Baccanal parade at TexRenFair. John M McDermott 2 1,472 11-20-2008, 02:21 AM
Last Post: arklore70
  Legio X Fretensis Houston, Texas Website John M McDermott 7 2,583 07-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Last Post: sophus_tree