Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aventine Miniatures
Next steps: Pyrrhus and the Romans!

Theo
Theo

We have just released the first of the Romans, two packs of velites. One pack has them with furs added to their helmets and the other pack has plain helmets. We will do two more packs of levy types bareheaded. The rest of the range will appear as soon as we can get them done.
Keith @Aventine Miniatures
To be honest, i personally never liked this scale and the wargame gnomes scales...

i am more of a 1/35 scale, 9 cm or 1.16 scale person...

However these tiny soldiers look nice indeed!

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Any future plans for some workmen? Diggers, pickaxe guys, basket carrying excavators, carpenters, etc? :?:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
To be honest and frank, we have soo much to do in the way of standard troop types, it will be some time before we get around to the likes of workmen. We intend to do some but I have no idea as to when they might be started.

Sorry

Keith
Hmm. I see your point. But how about making a single guy in the midst of a set of soldier sprues bending over as if doing something with a tool...could be a spear to dispatch a wounded enemy or a shovel or dolabra, seems like. Idunno. Don't know how many folks are interested in building a diorama of a portion of a berm/wall. Problem is, if the figures are set to be line soldiers, that's about all they can be.

Anyway, it would be lots of expense for few sales, I guess. Sigh. Hard facts of economics reign, as usual.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Some photos of the latest masters out of the mould quickly assembled. We will be adding the packs to the shop early next week with the command to follow.

Cheers

keith
Lovely figures. Very nice attention to detail. Are there any images of the Epeirote Greeks yet?
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]
No they are not started yet. The Romans are demanding our full attention at the moment.

Cheers
Keith
The Triarii for the earlier part of the period are now complete with their command sets.[attachment=3:314ufwb2]<!-- ia3 RR14.jpg<!-- ia3 [/attachment:314ufwb2][attachment=2:314ufwb2]<!-- ia2 RR14A.jpg<!-- ia2 [/attachment:314ufwb2][attachment=1:314ufwb2]<!-- ia1 Triarii officer 1.jpg<!-- ia1 [/attachment:314ufwb2][attachment=0:314ufwb2]<!-- ia0 Triarii officer 2.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:314ufwb2]

Cheers

Keith
I love the way you can only see the noses poking out from under the helmets, on a few of these guys :lol: Seriously, classy work indeed Keith. I now have a link to your site on my desktop and will check in from time to time to see what is happening 8) .

I'm optimistic that one day somebody is going to do some Spartans circa 400-300BC which I like (coz there's some crumby offerings out there). Perhaps when you do start your Epeirotes you might add some Lakedaimonian foes (Pyrrhos did attack Sparta, and the Spartans did meddle a bit in Southern Italy)?... Smile
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]
More released this week. Three packs of chainmail standing infantry and a command set in chainmail. Two packs of Leves and a light infantry "command" set for those that want such a thing.

Photos are on the site

http://www.aventineminiatures.co.uk/page13.html

Cheers

Keith

PS Hastati next.
First two packs of Hastati now released. They are advancing with pilum and pectoral armours. Next two packs will be swordsmen with pectorals and pilum armed unarmoured figures. They all have the tall three featherr arrangement. The command for these will be ready within the week we hope. The Principes are next.

Cheers

Keith[attachment=1:2wu6l95g]<!-- ia1 RR30.jpg<!-- ia1 [/attachment:2wu6l95g][attachment=0:2wu6l95g]<!-- ia0 RR31.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:2wu6l95g]
Will you stop making such terribly tempting minis?! :wink: :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Jasper

Some more to tempt you with.[attachment=1:mhhx7qov]<!-- ia1 RR34.jpg<!-- ia1 [/attachment:mhhx7qov][attachment=0:mhhx7qov]<!-- ia0 RR35.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:mhhx7qov]

The only difference is in the officers. We will also be adding a vexillum to each pack along with a selection of shields.

Cheers

Keith

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aventine Miniatures wayne oldfield 2 3,831 06-22-2015, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Walhaz
  New Aventine Miniatures Early Imperial Romans SUETONIUS PAULLINUS 0 3,403 10-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Last Post: SUETONIUS PAULLINUS