Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aventine Miniatures
Just a quick up-date.

Advancing Principes in mail are now complete with 16 Hasta/Pila foot and 44 swordsmen, 12 different command. Bronze armoured principes/triarii will arrive shortly.

Next up are unarmoured stationary infantry with Scuta and hasta to represent the 4th and 5th lines, these will be followed by stationary Hastati with scuta, pila and pectoral armours then gentlemen it is the cavalry with Tarentine light horse and Roman heavies.

Cheers

Keith
http://www.aventineminiatures.co.uk
Keith @Aventine Miniatures
Earlier versions of Principes now released. The first two packs are swordsmen in subarmalis and bronze pectorals. The next two will be spear/pila versions then the unarmoured stationary hastati/Ascenci and then the stationary Hastati with pectorals. We will then tackle the Roman Cavalry and the Tarentines before starting on commands. The last of the range will be the two skirmisker sets, slingers and archers.

Before starting on Pyrrhics we will complete the Elephant range with an African and an astride Indian.

Cheers
Keith

http://www.aventineminiatures.co.uk/cat ... /RR296.jpg
http://www.aventineminiatures.co.uk/cat ... /RR295.jpg
Right, and after that, the workers, civilians, craftsmen, female camp followers and stableworkers, flock tenders, blacksmiths, etc., right? :wink:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Guys,

Note that the promised Pyrrhic range has now begun with tarentine light cavalry. As always with "Aventine", helmets and crests are impressively sculpted Big Grin .

Best Wishes

Theo
A bit smaller than I prefer to work with, but very nice indeed.

Kevin
Kevin
Cute! I'm surprised people still do tabletop games with figures though. I thought everyone played that dreadful "Total War" thing on their computers nowadays.
Hello, my name is Harry.
Well folks, we have finished with the Republicans for now. The last packs were the senior foot command sets RR50 and RR51.[attachment=1:19x2p3ia]<!-- ia1 General with lictors and servant 1.jpg<!-- ia1 [/attachment:19x2p3ia][attachment=0:19x2p3ia]<!-- ia0 Senior officers and Cavalryman with dead horse.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:19x2p3ia]

As Theo has pointed out we have started on the Pyrrhics.

Cheers

Keith

PS Sorry no workers, civilians, craftsmen, female camp followers and stableworkers, flock tenders, blacksmiths as this stage.
Very nice work. Good detail for such small figures. Is the officer a legatus?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Very nice work. Good detail for such small figures. Is the officer a legatus? A tribunus?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
As I see it the senior officer in the RR50 pack could be either a tribunus or a legatus in appearence, the presence of the lictors indicates some magistrate rank, two being proconsul requirement. As these are wargame figures and subject to scaling of numbers on the table, they could represent whatever rank you want.

Cheers

Keith

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aventine Miniatures wayne oldfield 2 3,801 06-22-2015, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Walhaz
  New Aventine Miniatures Early Imperial Romans SUETONIUS PAULLINUS 0 3,380 10-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Last Post: SUETONIUS PAULLINUS