Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aventine Miniatures
Guys,

If you are interested in wargaming aspects of Rome's struggle for Italy, you might want to check this new company out. The initial range (nearing completion) is for the Etruscan League/northern Italians.

Theo

PS My 'interest' is that the designer is a friend of mine.
Quote:Guys,

If you are interested in wargaming aspects of Rome's struggle for Italy, you might want to check this new company out. The initial range (nearing completion) is for the Etruscan League/northern Italians.

Theo

PS My 'interest' is that the designer is a friend of mine.

You should supply links. Smile
Michael D. Hafer [aka Mythos Ruler, aka eX | Vesper]
In peace men bury their fathers. In war men bury their sons.
Guys,

Here is the link:

www.aventineminiatures.co.uk

Theo
Quote:Guys,

Here is the link:

http://www.aventineminiatures.co.uk

Theo

Very very impressive.
Michael D. Hafer [aka Mythos Ruler, aka eX | Vesper]
In peace men bury their fathers. In war men bury their sons.
Michael,

I'm glad you like them. The designer has worked hard to create a distinctive look to the range as well as making good use of the limited archaelogical evidence.

Speaking personally, I like the idea of being able to create allied legions that look different alongside the Romans. This is especially important, I think, in the period c350-250BC.

Cavalry will follow within the next couple of weeks.

Theo
Any chance of making some Roman soldiers in work postures? Would be great for modelers, men shoveling, lifting baskets, carrying logs, using hammers and carpentry tools, chopping wood, maybe for the "officer section" a crew with a groma, and accessories including bundles of rope, wicker, and so on. I can't seem to find anything like that anywhere, although I know I've once seen them...somewhere.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
It is POSSIBLE we might see a couple of such figures for about 150-200AD but not for quite a while.

Theo
A small set for Pyrrhos is definitely in the pipeline. As always, they wil be a little different from existing Hellenistic ranges.

Theo
Hi Theo,
Just make sure to send samples for review to Ancient Warfare magazine. Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Guys,

I am working on a review even as I type this entry! It should be with you in a few days.

Theo
Excellent!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hi Guys,

The range for the Etruscans is now effectivelt complete. The Volscians are available and the command set for the Hill Tribes ( a new sub set) is avilable for view (only) on the website. Check them out!

Theo
Quote:
Theo:2uqra2b5 Wrote:Guys,

Here is the link:

http://www.aventineminiatures.co.uk

Theo

Very very impressive.

Absolutely Smile D 8)

I've never taken much interest in these particular armies before - but these figures are a delight, easily up there with my faves by Wargames Foundry and Gripping Beast. Well done to all concerned. I can see these figures would lend themselves nicely to conversions too. Any chance the designer/s might turn their attention to some late Greeks?
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]
Guys,

You might want to check out the elephants on the website - Sassanian elephants, that is.

I have it on a good authority that the designer is looking into a Pyrrhic force after he has completed the Republican Romans.

Happy drooling!

theo
I discovered Aventine Miniatures by accident. Yesterday I ordered a couple of figures. I do like their style and accuracy. If there is one drawback some of the officers in the command packs of the Republican Allies and Etruscans stand with their helmets tucked beneath their arms. I think that pose takes away from the action of whatever scene a person is trying to create. I hope that in all Aventine's future releases they will be different.
NotTitusPullo/Mike
That\'s the Name

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aventine Miniatures wayne oldfield 2 3,849 06-22-2015, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Walhaz
  New Aventine Miniatures Early Imperial Romans SUETONIUS PAULLINUS 0 3,420 10-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Last Post: SUETONIUS PAULLINUS