Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would anyone be so Kind? Help needed!
I'm trying to buy a book called "From Tiberius to the Antonines: History of the Roman Empire from A.D.14 to 192", by Albino Garzetti. It is listed (used) at Amazon UK for 13.50 pounds. Unfortunately this book is long out of print and impossible to find on the cheap. The Amazon seller doesn't ship the book outside the UK and all other sellers that do ask ridiculous amounts of money for the book. I've contacted the seller some time ago asking if he would ship it outside the UK if I bought it directly to him/her but I've got no answer.

What I'd like to ask is if there is any kind soul from UK here on RAT that could ship it to me. I would order (and pay) the book to his/hers adress on the UK and then the good volunteer gentleman/gentlewoman would forward it to me afterwards. I'd pay for the shipping from the helper's adress in the UK to my adress of course (maybe direct money transfer from my account to his/hers account, since this would be a transaction in the EU and there would be no extra costs and it would be simple).

If anyone could so kindly do me this favour I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!
Pedro Pereira
No one? Sad
Pedro Pereira
This link will bring up a page from http://www.bookfinder.com listing a number of book sellers that have that book:

http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?ac=sl ... 0antonines
L. Cornelius Scaeva (Jim Miller)
Legio VI VPF

"[The Romans understood] it is not walls that protect men but men that protect walls" - Strabo
BTW, the above link shows prices if shipped to the US. Since you are not in the US you should redo the search with your own address.
L. Cornelius Scaeva (Jim Miller)
Legio VI VPF

"[The Romans understood] it is not walls that protect men but men that protect walls" - Strabo
Thank you.

Unfortunately the prices, as I pointed out, are too high. I had already tryed to find a copy through Abebooks, Alibris, etc, but the available copies are a bit over my budget. In the links you provided there is one that shows up as 19,43 euros with shipping, but thats the one that is not shipped outside the UK (it's the one from Amazon UK).

Anyway, thank you very much!
Pedro Pereira
PM sent
Conal Moran

Do or do not, there is no try!
Yoda
Conal,

Thank you! I've sent you an email.

Cheers!
Pedro Pereira