Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petition to save the Montefortino Necropolis
(sent from a student at U Penn)<br>
<br>
It seems that the Gallic and Italic site of Montefortino and the Monte Sant'Angelo river basin in Ancona, Italy are threatened by quarrying. There is a petition online at the following site:<br>
www.trigallia.com/montefortino/<br>
It will add your name to the petition as well as automatically send an email in your name to the relevant local authorities. The website itself is worth a visit. If you think it's a worthwhile cause, please pass this along.<br>
<br>
For those of you at Univ of Penn, this is the site where the first of the jockey-style Montefortino-type helmets was found, an example of which is on display in the Etruscan gallery at the Museum.<br>
<br>
Dan Diffendale <p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
An excellent cause, i can understand most of the petition, though having never learnt any italian, what does ETA mean?! <p></p><i></i>
age, I think. <p></p><i></i>
RESTITVTOR LIBERTATIS ET ROMANAE RELIGIONIS

DEDITICIVS MINERVAE ET MVSARVM

[Micha F.]
I signed the petition last week, and here's how I got around the language problem, which I posted in the original thread in Off-Topic.<br>
<br>
I used Babelfish to translate roughly in another window to check the wording, and figure out what to type in the boxes . A lot of flipping back and forth, but easy enough. Don't forget to hit the 'Invia' (Send) button to send your petition on the next screen after filling out the form, if you decide to go with it. I also filled in the Italian webform in case the translated page fouled up any bits on the webpage.<br>
<br>
babelfish.altavista.com/<br>
<br>
I also noticed a lot of other nationalities on the list of names signed up.<br>
<br>
Jim. <p></p><i></i>
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
(ok, my Italian is poor, but I gather they've had success with the petition but still looking for more?)<br>
<br>
Martedì 1 febbraio 2005<br>
<br>
MONTEFORTINO: Slitta la manifestazione a causa della neve<br>
A causa delle abbondanti nevicate che in questi giorni hanno investito il centro-sud d'Italia e la zona di Monte Sant'Angelo è particolarmente colpita (oltre 2 metri di neve!!), la Manifestazione di protesta prevista per sabato 12 e domenica 13 febbraio 2005, mobilitata da Trigallia.com e dal Comitato, slitta a data destinarsi.<br>
Rimani sintonizzato perché la nuova data verrà fissata al più presto possibile e comunicata attraverso il sito e la Newsletter, il Programma della Manifestazione sarà ulteriormente arricchito dall'intervento di nuovi amici e artisti che si stanno avvicinando.<br>
Sul nostro sito trovi le informazioni su Come arrivare e ora ci sono anche gli aggiornamenti per chi vuole sapere Dove dormire.<br>
Se vuoi, puoi partecipare all’iniziativa in abito celtico e puoi portare stendardi o striscioni di tua creazione, scritti con caratteri di ispirazione runico-celtico-etrusca o con caratteri latini antichi o dell’anno 2005, i più belli saranno fotografati e pubblicati on-line.<br>
<br>
PETIZIONE: Superata quota 1000!!!<br>
Grande!! Superata quota 1000 FIRME alla petizione on-line per salvare il sito di Montefortino minacciato dal PPAE (Piano Provinciale Attività Estrattive) della Provincia di Ancona.<br>
Ringraziamo i nuovi firmatari per la propria adesione e rinnoviamo i ringraziamenti a tutti gli altri. L’iniziativa “No Kave!â€ÂÂ
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thessaloniki Byzantine remains endangered - petition link Arahne 0 422 09-16-2019, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Arahne
  Need help with late roman necropolis Saint-Marcel/Gobelins Arahne 0 985 12-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Arahne