Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT conference Windisch; when?
Fine by me.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:And again there is no progress. If I look at the last couple of post I think the weekend of Fri 30 October - Sun 1 November would be best, or is that just the last week your co-worker is away, Svenja?

Fine by me.
Great :-) )
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Hi alltogether,
I changed now the reservation and hope, that there will be place from the 30th to the 1st.
Next week I will be at the Limes-Congres in Newcastle. Afterwords I will be back with more informations.
Greetings, Eckhard
Eckhard Deschler-Erb
University of Zurich
Hi alltogether,
Now we have problems, because the contubernium is already booked for the 30th. I made a reservation for the night from the 31st to the 1st. Or should I ask at the youth hostel instead?
Greetings, Eckhard
Eckhard Deschler-Erb
University of Zurich
I suggest we take a hostel for the first night, and then move to the Roman site :-) )
Christian K.

Quote:I suggest we take a hostel for the first night, and then move to the Roman site :-) )

Indeed, staying at the contubernium is worth the change of rooms, I think.
ALA I BATAVORUM
I will come, too. I'm looking forward to this event. Smile
Andreas Raab
Shouldn't we make an updated headcount?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hi,
It would be very interesting to know how many persons will come.
Now the biggest problem for us is that the Youth Hostel in Brugg is closed in Oktober/November. I have to look around but I fear the hotels will be very expensive for us.
Eckhard Deschler-Erb
University of Zurich
Hi,
I had just another idea. We could meet us friday at Basel (there are good oportunities to overnight), could visit on saturday Augusta Raurica and could stay from saturday to sunday in Brugg at the contubernium. Is that a possibility?
Eckhard Deschler-Erb
University of Zurich
Quote:Hi,
I had just another idea. We could meet us friday at Basel (there are good oportunities to overnight), could visit on saturday Augusta Raurica and could stay from saturday to sunday in Brugg at the contubernium. Is that a possibility?

I would be fine with that. But that would mean we've to do some more travel during the days (which we have to take into account, as I don't know how everyone will come). Also, any ideas about rooms for the lectures?
ALA I BATAVORUM
perfect Smile
Christian K.

Hi everybody,
As attachment I have a provisional timetable. You have to do reservations in Basel to your own. I only made a reservation for the contubernium. There will be no modern heating in the roman contubernium! So you will need a good sleeping back.
How many will come? And do we have any lectures?
I found rooms for lectures in Basel and in Brugg.
Greetings, Eckhard
Eckhard Deschler-Erb
University of Zurich
Okay, I just viewed back this topic and come to the following list (lecture between brackets):

Jasper Oorthuys
Christian Koepfer
Eckhard Deschler-Erb
Andreas Raab
Svenja Grosser
Jurjen Draaisma [face mask cavalry helmet from Nijmegen: a reproduction; (I hope to have some of the horse hair decorations ready by then)]

As it still is a small group, maybe we should have a new 'announcement' with the new date in title prominent on RAT to get some more people involved (or maybe you can add it to a newsletter, Jasper?)

And I think the program sounds pretty interesting!
ALA I BATAVORUM