Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New domus discovered in Roma
Hi folks,<br>
the evening news reported a huge roman domus discovered underneath the S.Pietro e Paolo church, for those practiced with the city, it is the church with the Bocca della Verità , near "foro boario" and the temple of janus. It is something like 20 rooms with frescos dated from the II century a.d till early medieval time. I saw the news and the frescos are really wanderful ia a quite perfect stae of preservation. More as soon as I'll have news.<br>
Ciao<br>
Fabio<br>
Roma <p></p><i></i>
Cool! Come on Fabio, tell us the house belonged to a Legatus who decorated his house with hi-res photorealistic legionnaries and preferably some ships and marines! <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Yeah! Let's see some reliefs of legionaries in repaired segmentatae! <p><BR><p align=center><font color=gold><font size=3>
_________________________________<BR>
CASCA TARQVINIVS GEMINVS<BR>
<a href=http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org> LEG IX HSPA COH V CEN VIII CON III </font></font><BR> <font color=gold> <font size=3>
_________________________________</font></font></p><i></i>
....repaired segmentatas! Of all the Gaul...! Don't be giving away Legio IX Hispana hints and tips to make Roman soldiers look more like soldiers who do/did soldier stuff! Geez!<br>
<br>
Hibernicus<br>
LEG IX HSPA<br>
<br>
doh! <p></p><i></i>
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
That's marvelous, please share more! <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
A Fabio!<br>
We want you to take pictures and share them!<br>
:-)<br>
Luca <p></p><i></i>
Luca Bonacina
Provincia Cisalpina - Mediolanum
www.cisalpina.net
Ciao Fabio and friends. I asw the TV coverage too. If I understood correctly the find was made a few years ago and the "news" was that the restoration was complete. So I imagine that they will be opened to the public soon. I cann't wait. The frescos they showed on TV were very VERY interesting and beuatiful. Like Fabio mentioned they date from the 2nd-3rd century and later and document the changing religious "interests" of the family.<br>
Ciao for now<br>
<br>
p.s. One fresco showed in picture book a legionary in complete armour!<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
p.p.s. JOKING <p></p><i></i>
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
yes,yes... the archeological site was discovered 3 years ago, but as usual was a "reserved" new and later presented as a great discover!!!<br>
anyway, for those who are intersted or in trvel to Roma, visits can be booked with this e-mail:<br>
[email protected] (town council) or via mobile telephone 339-7342242.<br>
I'd like to form a group of enthisuast in order to book a single visit all together. Let me know at [email protected] .<br>
Ciao<br>
Fabio <p></p><i></i>
There were photos of two of the frescoes in yesterdays daily telegraph. I've got the cutting so i could scan thenm in, but the quality won't be too special. I'll see if Ican find them on the web first. The telegraph.co.uk webiste has thye article but not the pictures which is frustrating <p></p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..