Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Length of service medals
Quote:(The membership awards, admittedly, less than the awards for kind behavior and expertise.)
Which was my point. I never questioned any medal other than the 1- and 2-year membership medal. :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Say, mr.Devil's advocate, why are we bringing this up now, that I've finally automated it? Hmmm? :wink:
Because I recall you (more than once) threathening to rescind the medal system upon entering RATv3... 8)
The laudes have gone, as eem to have the birthdays and the whole statistics area, but not the medals.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Hi Robert
Can't I change my mind? The birthdays, btw, are still here and I attempted to convert as many of them as possible. If that didn't work, it's not intentional.
Laudes was supposed to be reset on conversion. Just the fact that this is not standard sort of forced a conversion. I'm actually still looking for a new laudes mod and I have my eye on one.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I always prosed a medal for gladiator reenactors like a palm leaf or something like that. Remember, Jasper?
Quote:I always prosed a medal for gladiator reenactors like a palm leaf or something like that. Remember, Jasper?

That sounds like a good one in addition to the current ones, but I would say it's for "Awarded to members who have consistently shown expertise in the field of gladiatoral history". So not only about gladiator impressions (as I think you mean by re-enactors), but more for the underlying knowledge (which of course can also reflect in their impressions)
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:Hi Robert Can't I change my mind?
Sure ya can, and why not? But you asked me why and that's the answer. :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Quote:If you say A and I say B, we can argue ad infinitum because men do not like it if they do not have the last word.

That, Jona, could only have been written by a single man. Well, at least one not married 25 years! I cannot quite recall the last time I had the last word with Salaminia and, if I have done, it was only because she allowed me to think that I had...

Then again, I take the point of male v male.

I have no idea what the "medals" and other accoutrements on the site mean. That is most likely due to the fact I haven't gone looking to find out. Having found out that I have one I came here seeking elucidation.
Paralus|Michael Park

Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους

Wicked men, you are sinning against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander!

Academia.edu