Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Length of service medals
The growing numbers of RAT members made it a hellish task to keep up to speed with the service medals for 1, 2 and 5 years of membership. As of today, that has been solved. The board will now check for nominations (by time) daily and award medals if necessary. Everyone will now get the service medals they're entitled to.
Of course, the rest of the medal system has atrophied quite a lot and I'd hereby like to call on volunteers to come forward and pull this system off the ground again.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
How about adding a "Brown Potato" award for the most annoying poster? I'm sure I'm eligible.
:lol: :roll:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:How about adding a "Brown Potato" award for the most annoying poster? I'm sure I'm eligible.
:lol: :roll:

no that would be me :twisted:
Dan DeLuca

ROMA VICTOR!

S.P.Q.R
We don't need a reward for those users, we already have one: it's called banishment. :twisted:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:We don't need a reward for those users, we already have one: it's called banishment. :twisted:
thats not harsh at all jasper :lol:
Dan DeLuca

ROMA VICTOR!

S.P.Q.R
Well, concerning the title, I think about three inches long would be about right, counting the ribbon at the top. :lol:
(Hereby nominating myself for the Brown Potato) 8)
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Shame - Romans didn't have potatoes. How about a turnip?

Vale,

Celer.
Marcus Antonius Celer/Julian Dendy.
Or a "damnatio memoriae" award? :lol:
:lol: :lol: That'd be a ban, account deletion and deletion of posts then? :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Why not dispense with the medals for 1 and 2 year membership (of any kind)? After all, why is membership to be 'rewarded'? :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:After all, why is membership to be 'rewarded'?
Could it be that some of us like the Digital Bling?
:lol:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Say, mr.Devil's advocate, why are we bringing this up now, that I've finally automated it? Hmmm? :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:Why not dispense with the medals for 1 and 2 year membership (of any kind)? After all, why is membership to be 'rewarded'? :wink:
I disagree; although useless, they are important. Forums dominated by men -and I think there are more men than women over here- often suffer from men's competetiveness. If you say A and I say B, we can argue ad infinitum because men do not like it if they do not have the last word. The awards help to direct this competetiveness to better aims. (The membership awards, admittedly, less than the awards for kind behavior and expertise.)
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Digital Bling! Bring it on!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Can I hand in my metals in exchange for money to pay my bills??

:roll:
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)