Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Legions 218 BC-453 AD
a good representation of Roman Legions from 218BC-453AD

[url:10giff9u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFmDt_E3WbU[/url]
Dan DeLuca

ROMA VICTOR!

S.P.Q.R
Indeed a nice movie but there are many strange things in it, when it comes to equipment, but at least it give a very nice overview over the battlefield.
ALA I BATAVORUM
from what i saw it looked like they mixed in the Imperial gallic type G helmet and the coolus helmet and they barley had any lorica segmentatas but alot of chain mail and i noticed that they used the late republic's symbol on the shields instead of the traditional scutums
Dan DeLuca

ROMA VICTOR!

S.P.Q.R
Until I stopped watching (the song irritated me) I noticed a mix of scenes from 'Rome' and the BBC series about emperors. Much 1st c and 4th c. AD stuff mixed at random therefore.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:the song irritated me
Oh yes!
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
I think what was shown was a series of different events from different periodm from punics was earlier republican, Cesars period, Judean campaings to lateer periods.

I am curious who made all the different films though. There were pretty good, all in all!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
Quote:the song irritated me
Oh yes!

Argh, why you mention that... I've turned music off at YouTube as I listen internet-radio, and after reading I just turned it on. Bad thing. But indeed much different periods mixed up.
ALA I BATAVORUM
hahahahaha it could be worse music such as rap eww >.<
Dan DeLuca

ROMA VICTOR!

S.P.Q.R