Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome Total War- Battle strategies
Whether squadrons, subgroups, or individual ships, it would be good to have some specialties. Some ships are made for ramming. Some ships have catapults, perhaps with fire, like the land units. Some ships have upgrades of different sorts that might make them faster, or heavier, etc. But the ship warfare as it is now is pretty lame.

How about supply lines? It's silly to be able to keep an army stack in one place indefinitely in ambush mode without ever having to go for food somewhere. Water, ok, except in the desert regions, water is available. If a unit is cut off from its supply of food, it would begin to shrink, much like if it were in a city under siege. I think capturing a baggage train should be included by increasing the goods and such of a victorious army, too. Whatever the enemy had becomes yours. Sell the excess in the next town.

The ability for a unit or army to surrender.

What about being able to build a bridge over a river that is in the way of where you want to go? Sacrifice a bit of time, use some resources, just like building siege equipment. I suppose that's a programming problem. The bridge either becomes permanent, or else bridges can be destroyed. Romans had great engineers. J.Caesar crossing the Rhine at flood stage proved that. Being pursued, the Romans build a bridge, cross the river, then can destroy the bridge behind them. To escape, an army that has anything that can hurl fire can burn a bridge, like burning a building in a town you're attacking.

Siege catapults and ballistae ought to be able to shoot at ships near the shore.

And lastly, make it so I always win when I'm ready for victory. Heh. :lol:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Messages In This Thread
Rome Total War- Battle strategies - by marvises - 04-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - by Nearco - 04-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - by M. Demetrius - 05-02-2009, 06:04 AM
Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategies - by Nearco - 05-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategies - by Nearco - 06-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - by edward benedict - 02-04-2012, 05:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,272 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,919 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome: Total War II rononmaximus 250 91,404 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: womble67