Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Sharpe Movie/book/quote
I figured since this is off topiid start a fun light hearted thread. Im a huge fan of the Sharpe's series (books and films) and theyre full of great stuff.

personally my favourite is "I wont be going near any fighting, being an Irishman i've too much sense for that." By Harper in Sharpe's Waterloo.

As for my favourite book, its a hard call but I guess Sharpe's Rifles.

Movie: Also Sharpe's Rifles, I also enjoyed Sharpe's Eagle. Sharpe's battle is good as well for the sole fact that any Movie where Irish people poke fun at the English is enjoyable ;-) ) no offense to you limeys, "you couldnt even kill an englishman with this, let alone a frenchman" is another favourite.
aka., John Shook
Being from Vitoria, I have just read the book of that battle (forget the map included). At least it´s not as bad as Ramage :evil: and it had it´s good points and not many "tipical Spanish" stuff and just a couple of geographical epic fails. Not bad for an English, I repeat. :wink:
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Sharpe's battle is good as well for the sole fact that any Movie where Irish people poke fun at the English is enjoyable ;-) ) no offense to you limeys, "you couldnt even kill an englishman with this, let alone a frenchman" is another favourite.[/quote]

Good old Harper!!Nice to see the boot on the irish foot for a change. I also enjoyed Sharpes Eagle,got perverse pleasure from the capture of the union jack.
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes
There was one priceless exchange in the first of the television dramas. A punk officer mistakes Sharpe for a sergeant and trades some sharp words with him. He turns to Sharpe's friend:
Punk officer: The punishment for striking an officer is death!

Sharpe's friend: The punishment for striking that officer certainly is.
Pecunia non olet
The TV episode shot in India .... Sharpe talking to Harper reagarding them still soldering after a number of years.

Sharpe states he is not "as full of p#ss & vinigar as he used to be" ....
Conal Moran

Do or do not, there is no try!
Yoda