Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the lorica ever get to canada somehow?
I need to know whether or not the lorica ever ended up in canada, or even the name of someone that is from canada who like found it or somthing. just anything that could possibly link it to a canadien or some how linked to canada. please can you help? <p></p><i></i>
do you mean a roman link with canada or a historian who discovered a lorica and moved it to a canadian museum? <p>-------------------------------------------------------<br>
A great flame follows a little spark.<br>
Dante Alighieri,The Divine Comedy<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Not sure I know exactly what the questioner wants, but the Trasimene "lorica squamata" is in a Canadian museum -<br>
<br>
rubens.anu.edu.au/student...scale.html<br>
<br>
Does that help at all? <p></p><i></i>
yes I mean like has it been discovered by a canadien like Pelgr003 says thats my question <p></p><i></i>
Please I need to know before thursday <p></p><i></i>
Salve,<br>
<br>
To my Knowledge there's no evidence that Romans ever got across the pond (with or without armour). However, the same is said for Ireland, but I know a few people who say otherwise. If there is evidence of a Lorica Segmentata in North America and it dates back to the Roman period you could be opening a whole new chapter of history, of which few people have only speculated.<br>
<br>
Your post has certainly got my interset.<br>
<br>
Vale<br>
<br>
Mummius <p></p><i></i>
From British Archaeology, March 1996:-<br>
"Roman Ireland<br>
The discovery of a possible Roman fort at Drumanagh, 15 miles north of Dublin, suggests the Romans may have invaded Ireland after all. The heavily-defended, 40-acre coastal site has produced 1st and 2nd century Roman coins, but its significance is disputed. Some claim it may have been a Roman bridgehead, used as a base for military campaigns inland, whereas others argue the site was simply a native Celtic settlement with evidence for trade with Roman Britain. The discovery, announced last month, was made a decade ago but kept secret because of a legal dispute over the ownership of finds from the site. "<br>
<br>
Mind you, it would be a long coracle ride to Canada after that.....<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>