Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Bishop\'s publication on SCRIBD
Saw this posted on FB. Is this truly and freely available on SCRIBD?

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/3961788
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Not that I can see.... at least there appears to be no possibility of downloading it... at one time scribe was free.... not so much now, you can however Read the full book in this case ;-)

"Availability:
Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
Buy the full version from:Amazon
download as PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd"

Mick did have a link on his homepage for the pdf at one point but I dont know if its still active....
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
Quote:Mick did have a link on his homepage for the pdf at one point but I dont know if its still active....
MIKE (not Mick, Micky, Mikey, Michael, or any other dubious variant) does indeed have it on Scribd and, to get around the fact that they have become more restrictive (making money out of my freely available book!), you can now get Lorica Segmentata I with no access restrictions on academia.edu (I am migrating everything from Scribd to them although, ironically, they use Scribd for storage!).

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
My Apologies... slip of the proverbial key board or too much leather dye ;-)
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
Ivor .
I have sent you a PM
Brian Stobbs
Quote:MIKE (not Mick, Micky, Mikey, Michael, or any other dubious variant)
Since when was Michael a variant of Mike?
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
Quote:Since when was Michael a variant of Mike?
Er, it isn't; Mike is a familiar abbreviation of Michael. Not sure of your point here.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Quote:
Renatus post=364995 Wrote:Since when was Michael a variant of Mike?
Er, it isn't; Mike is a familiar abbreviation of Michael. Not sure of your point here.
Of course Mike is an abbreviation of Michael. Dammit, I should know! My point, dear boy, is that, by grouping Michael with Mick, Micky, Mikey and "any other dubious variant", you are implying that Michael is a variant of Mike when, as you and I both know, Mike and the other variants derive from the parent name 'Michael'. Anyway, my comment was intended to be light-hearted, not to initiate a discussion on onomastics.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
So I guess Grand Master Mc B is out of the question?
you have to watch this today Mike. Very appropriate for a Wednesday!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc6WDloo-Qo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  forthcoming book by Mike Bishop: richsc 11 2,858 01-11-2014, 03:03 PM
Last Post: mcbishop
  Kickstarter for Mike\'s book richsc 36 6,399 11-02-2013, 10:52 AM
Last Post: richsc
  Some arms and armour papers on Scribd clibanarius 1 1,179 06-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat