Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
information request
Greetings to All,

I would like to ask if any members are are aware of a film made for TV, named: 'Aquila'- it was a PHALERA Production. I recently found an internet trailer from 2005, and it has peaked my interest. Was the production completed ? Is there a source to view the entire production ? I was unable to locate any further treads or links.

I do hope this is the proper forum for this question....

Semper Fi
Semper Fidelis

Steven YaRoma
Cedant arma togae
The phalera project 'Aquila' never got beyond the trailer. The head of phalera, Mark Sanders, (centurio of the Dutch Gemina project, for those interested) is still filming and making interesting shots about re-enactment activities including historical backgrounds. As far as I know Mark is a teacher and therefore hasn't much spare time (as he's also doing re-enactment) left for such a big project. He also wasn't able to get this project financially supported, but I don't know the current status of the project, as he's busy with a lot of other projects (like small movies on history for use in history courses)
ALA I BATAVORUM
Thanks so much for the swift reply.

I thought the quality of the equipment and the proper wearing of specific items was too accurate for a standard movie, there was too much attention to detail. I can now understand the why the characters were so impressive, to those that participated I extend both praise and admiration.
Semper Fidelis

Steven YaRoma
Cedant arma togae