Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advantage of the Pilum over Bows and Arrows?
I believe a volley of stones,javelins and arrows could be quite disconcerting to charge as well ! Defending cities really changed in WW2 when the German Luftwaffe simply flew over the French Maginot Line. Until that period fighting was still infantry based. I do completely understand having to have boots on the ground but most decisive battles are in the air in modern warfare. Even the Romans fought decisive engagements at sea ; for instance the Naval battle between Mark Antony and Octavian ( Actium if I am not mistaken ). Though in retrospect D-Day was mostly about the Infantry. I am looking for more info on the Romans entering Britain. I understand there are conflicting theories on whether it was invasion or a diplomatic takeover. I have read some of what is on RAT but haven't found much.
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb

Messages In This Thread
Re: Advantage of the Pilum over Bows and Arrows? - by Astiryu1 - 05-07-2010, 10:18 PM