Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baghdad Museum
For those interested, the book Catastrophe!, which documents the looting of the Baghdad Museum and the archaeological sites of Babylonia, can be downloaded here. Free - finally, there's a university that understands that it is absurd to ask money for books from the taxpayers who already paid for producing the book.

There is now a growing consensus that the looting was organized by art dealers, and started before the U.S. invasion of Iraq.

The report that the Baghdad Museum will reopen this month, appears to be incorrect, but generally speaking, things are moving in the right direction.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Thanks for the link Jona!

Smile

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quick update on the Bagdhad Museum, from this month's Museums Journal - apparently parts of it are scheduled to be open this month, but the decision was taken at government level; the staff are unhappy, believing that there are not yet adequate security measures to prevent further looting.
Carus Andiae - David Woodall

"The greatest military machine in the history of the universe..."
"What is - the Daleks?"
"No... the Romans!" - Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens
Saw it on the news some time back now, I can understand their apprehension.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel