Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thermopylae 480BC (Great Battles of the World)
Quote:Black-clad Thespians? Another 'myth' AFIK ,whose source is the black clad Thespians in the '62 movie version of Thermopylae starring Richard Egan as Leonidas..........

Anybody know another source for this? :lol: :lol:

Hm, with all due respect Paullus, I dug out the DVD this weekend and Demophilis is the only Thespian featured in the film (unless I missed something) and he is (gasp) wearing a white cloak! :|

Edit: I watched the film again today (we are snowed in) there is one scene in which Demophilis is accompanied by a couple of 'Thespians', they are all wearing white chitons and cloaks.

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad

Messages In This Thread
Re: Thermopylae 480BC (Great Battles of the World) - by Dithyrambus - 01-10-2011, 04:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marathon 490BC (Great Battles of the World) Ghostmojo 5 3,707 01-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Ghostmojo