Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lorica Plumata Article by Erik Schmid
For those of you who are interested in a comprehensive study on one of the most intircate and beautiful Roman armors, please contact Erik Schmid at the e-mail below. This article promises to be the most complete work on "Lorica Plumata".

[email protected]

You can also learn more about the article on his website: http://webpages.charter.net/erikdschmid/
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Sounds interesting!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
It was already mentioned by Erik himself here:
link from old RAT
ALA I BATAVORUM
Jurjen,

I know that he had mentioned it but when I spoke to him recently he told me that surprisngly very few people have showed any interest. I found this to be ironic since plumata is one of the most sought out pieces of armor. As a matter of fact, I seem to recall that many people on this forum were advocating that an article or study on Plumata was warrented. However, often times certain things on RAT go by the way side and are forgotten. Being that Erik is my friend and has worked feverously on this article for several months, I thought it best to remind everyone that it is still out there.

One thing I would like to point out as well Jurjen, is that even thought many times your imput is valuable and well appreciated, sometimes it is completely unconstructive. Who cares that it was already mentioned? Did it occupy somebody's time so much that metioning it a second time was horrific? Do you see what I am trying to tell you? I would think that if you are going to post something it should at least be related to the actual topic directly. In this case, what I posted did not require any response, it was a reminder and reminders do not require an answer.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Quote:One thing I would like to point out as well Jurjen, is that even thought many times your imput is valuable and well appreciated, sometimes it is completely unconstructive. Who cares that it was already mentioned? Did it occupy somebody's time so much that metioning it a second time was horrific? Do you see what I am trying to tell you? I would think that if you are going to post something it should at least be related to the actual topic directly. In this case, what I posted did not require any response, it was a reminder and reminders do not require an answer.

See your PM on this issue. Hope that will make clear my point of view.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote: One thing I would like to point out as well Jurjen, is that even thought many times your imput is valuable and well appreciated, sometimes it is completely unconstructive. Who cares that it was already mentioned? Did it occupy somebody's time so much that metioning it a second time was horrific? Do you see what I am trying to tell you? I would think that if you are going to post something it should at least be related to the actual topic directly. In this case, what I posted did not require any response, it was a reminder and reminders do not require an answer.

Relax Paolo. This part of your post is just as unconstructive as you percieved Jurjen's to be. No need to be unfriendly and no need to be hypocritical either.

Legion: TBD
Magnus,

Point taken. However, I was responding to an unncessary comment which cannot be unconstructive. I am not being unfriendly but I do not see the harm in re-posting something.

Paolo
I would also like to add that I do not wish to continue on this track any longer. All I wanted to do was remind eveyone of the plumata article.

Paolo
Thanks for the reminder Doc, I saw Eriks post as well, but me being me , a reminder is always appreciated, especially on something like this! Especially as I would never find it again down the line, giving my abilities with RAT's search function!!! :roll: :oops: :mrgreen:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Byron,

Thanks for replying. That was the reason for the re-post.

Paolo
Very good; I also missed the original notification, and am very much interested in reading about lorica plumata.

Matthew James Stanham
It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one\'s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)
I would love to buy the second volume of his wonderful initiative but alas it would be quite costly to transfer the money to the US. If it was available here in Europe I'd buy it imediately.

Vale,
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
I thought Erik had credit card facilities. All I do is quote my credit card number and my bank charges a modest fee for the exchange of currencies. I also would have thought that the current Euro exchange rate favoured those in Europe, making anything purchased in US dollars very reasonable in comparison to other currencies. Add to that the initial asking price of $20 which is already cheap compared to other publications of similar calibre.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
Quote:I would love to buy the second volume of his wonderful initiative but alas it would be quite costly to transfer the money to the US. If it was available here in Europe I'd buy it imediately.
Jef,

PM sent.

Regards,

Martijn
Quote:I would love to buy the second volume of his wonderful initiative but alas it would be quite costly to transfer the money to the US. If it was available here in Europe I'd buy it imediately.

He also accept paypal, which wouldn't cost you any extra fee. And indeed with current exchange rates, it wouldn't be that expensive after all.
ALA I BATAVORUM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Known specimens of lorica plumata martijn.wijnhoven 20 9,208 11-30-2019, 04:28 PM
Last Post: martijn.wijnhoven
  What does a Lorica laminata weigh? Question on the Plumata Steakslim 6 4,334 12-10-2008, 02:01 AM
Last Post: Doc
  Any evidence for a Lorica Plumata Manica? jkaler48 3 1,837 05-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Last Post: jkaler48