Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centurio Impression ( Arbeia 12 feb 2009 )
Hi , Ive finally got my Centurio Impression up and running . This is me atwork today at Arbeia and guess what It snowed - Life on the Frontier . Thanks to all of you for helping me in getting this Impression right .

Thanks Lads ,

Julius .
Julius Verax
Timetalkers

( AKA Paul )
A very nice centurio! Well done. Where did you get those beautifull head phalerae?
ALA I BATAVORUM
Thanks very much jvrjenivs , from Len Morgan , not expensive and just the job .

Julius .
Julius Verax
Timetalkers

( AKA Paul )
Good impression, the one with the gatehouse is very atmospheric!
Excellent!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Thanks Gaius .

Julius .
Julius Verax
Timetalkers

( AKA Paul )
You look bloody frozen Paul!

Looking good despite the inclemency of the weather up there!
I like the pteryges mate, looks great! (phalerae too!).

Legion: TBD
Looking sharp! And a little cold... Big Grin
John Baker

Justice is the constant and perpetual wish to render to every one his due.
- Institutes, bk. I, ch. I, para. I
You might consider some nice wooly udones, Centurio. Wouldn't hurt a thing. Or at least a wrap of sheepskin inside the caligae. Does all kinds of good things for the feet.

Great job on the kit.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Thanks all , yes it was cold but I do my workshop in the C/O's house with modern central heating so aint to bad . I often wonder what the lads stationed along the Hadrians wall would have thought about those long freezing cold days and nights on the frontier - not the best of postings I think .

Julius .
Julius Verax
Timetalkers

( AKA Paul )
Especially a winter like this one!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Are you the Paul that William M Hall has been telling me about?
Just seems coincidental that you are wearing the same amount of phalerae as me and in the same pattern. Will was joking about superhero status or something :lol:

I bought mine from Len as well, except 2 lions and 3 roundells, but in the exact same positions Confusedhock:
Q. ARTORIVS CORVINVS
aka: Phillip Vautour
"Rome is but a wilderness of tigers, and tigers must prey."
<a class="postlink" href="http://rubicon.dyndns.org/legioxxi">http://rubicon.dyndns.org/legioxxi
Hi Phillip , I cant say if Iam the same Paul you have been told about as 1/ Idont know what you have been told and 2/ I dont think I know William Hall so I cant answer mate sorry .

Julius .
Julius Verax
Timetalkers

( AKA Paul )
No worries.

I haven't mounted my phalerae yet, and seeing as we are running the same configuration, I was wondering if you might be able to PM me some pix of your Phalerae harness architecture front and back?

I'd really appreciate it,

Regards,

Phillip
Q. ARTORIVS CORVINVS
aka: Phillip Vautour
"Rome is but a wilderness of tigers, and tigers must prey."
<a class="postlink" href="http://rubicon.dyndns.org/legioxxi">http://rubicon.dyndns.org/legioxxi
Nice impression Paul! I am planning of doing a "frozen Danube" impression in the middle of the snow with my 4th century kit. By Jove it`s good to have longer tunics & trousers :wink: ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]