Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change has come!
I've been experiencing strange things when answering a message. When the message becomes long, the text will jump back every second to the top of the message. I then have to use the arrows to return to where I was typing (or continue blind), then the text will drop back to when I am working. But when I stop, within a second this will happen again. When I'm reading it happens time after time, very annoying.

This occurs both at home and at work, so it's not pc- or network-related. Cry
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Use word pad. Write your text there and copy / paste into the forum. I do this all the time.
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Sure I could, or use Word. But then I can't use the quote/unquote function easily, so it's a handicap anyway. The last version never did this, nor have I encoutered it in other phpbb forums, can it be remedied?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Errr? Does anyone recognize this problem? I've just typed a long message (in FF on OSX), but that was fine.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Yes, I have had this problem as well, but not on RAT. Haven't got a clue about what could be done to counter it. :?
Valete,
Titvs Statilivs Castvs - Sander Van Daele
LEG XI CPF
COH VII RAET EQ (part of LEG XI CPF)

MA in History
just noticed the little flags are gone. Cry any chance getting them back? if it isn't too much effort ... they we're kinda ..err.. [size=85:2108x4yt]sweet[/size]. :oops:
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Quote:just noticed the little flags are gone. Cry any chance getting them back? if it isn't too much effort ... they we're kinda ..err.. [size=85:33rm40og]sweet[/size]. :oops:
Yeah, I miss them too. But it's not a top priority, of course.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Yes, good work on the site Jasper, sorry I never got back to you on the request, so many moons ago it seems!

I just need to get used to the edit.quote icons being in the top of posts now, to methat is just an adjustment
we can get used to.
Also, third bringing back the little flags... Tongue )
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Don't know if I'm correct, but I think to recall that on the old RAT links would be automatically open in a new window/tab. Now those automatically open in the same window (and the topic you was reading isn't in an active screen anymore). If I'm right, could that probably switched back on.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Hi Jurjen
That is possible, but requires messing with the code. Do more people miss this feature terribly?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:Hi Jurjen
That is possible, but requires messing with the code. Do more people miss this feature terribly?
Basically its a nice thing but I actually never really got used to it, as most of my other fora I happen to hang around in open links directly and I resorted to open links by right-click and "open in new tab/window", regardless.

I think its not necessary, if its too much effort.
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
I don't know if it's me or if I'm just not computer literate but I'm finding it difficult not to be able to scoll back and see the whole page of previos posts but only the most recent. why ??
Brian Stobbs
It's ok Jasper I've found "MY PROBLEM"
Brian Stobbs
Quote:Hi Jurjen

If it's possible I would like this feature back too. Smile
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
I miss the laudes. But like the new look (well, actually I liked the other too :lol: )