Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deepeeka Italic D Krefeld
Now I am not posting this to knock Deepeeka. I have always liked the "Italic D" helmets they make. I like the helmet from Worms since it is complete and reproductions can be made quite confidently. On the other hand, I have seen people wearing the Krefeld helmet.

The Krefeld helmet has an interesting appearence and I am also considering it.

However, when I looked at the RAT helmet database to have a closer look at the Krefeld, I saw that this helmet is devoid of most fittings.

I see no cheekpieces thus where is that decoration coming from that Deepeeka puts on? I know the shape and some of the decoration are assumed from the other Italic D.

Also, from the photos on RAT, the neckguard edge shows no "L" shapes or any other brass decorations.

From where did the brass decorations come from? The other Italic D? I hope not since the supposed figures that are the same would be the temples in the back which are not visible either on the pics of the original Krefeld.

Does anyone have better photos of the Krefeld helmet showing some of the details that I cannot see or that have been added to the Deepeeka version to support the reconstruction?

I like the Deepeeka Krefeld helmet and before I make a final choice between this and the other Italic D, I would like some specs.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
As this one was developed on RAT (even the idea to reproduce it was posted first here by Tarbicvs), I would say go ahead and read
link from old RAT

As al your questions should be answered there (as that's the development discussion, where all the decisions where made and such)
ALA I BATAVORUM
Jurjen,

Thanks. I thought there had to be more to it. I was not aware it had been discussed.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deepeeka Imperial Italic D vs Gallic G Helmet Cheek Guard lenghts wwiigunz 0 1,146 09-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: wwiigunz
  Modifying Deepeeka Italic D AH6054 Gaius Colletti 51 10,800 07-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Last Post: PhilusEstilius
  deepeeka Imperial-Italic D Marcus Mummius 7 2,152 04-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Last Post: DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS