Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 years of membership
Time has passed fast since I joined RAT 5 years ago. I did read some things on here, and finally joined as I wanted to have some thoughts about which helmet to buy. That helmet would fast become the start of an expensive but very nice hobby with lots of new knowledge.

In the mean time RAT didn't bring me only knowledge of the Roman history. It also did a good job on my English, which I'm happy about everyday in college where I now get all stuff in English. It gave me a lot of new friend, which whom I share my interest for Roman (military) history. I really liked the idea of Christian of the RAT conference. Last year we had the third, and they were always like a holiday with good friends and nice museums!

I joined like a noob, barely able to see the difference between a trooper and and a better helmet, and now I answer questions almost every day, be able to make some nice replica's myself, both in wood, leather and brass, all with the guidance of fellow RAT members. Yes, in the meantime I also wrote a couple of how-to's, which is great as it give inspiration to everyone, including the person who wrote the piece.

So, Thank you all!
ALA I BATAVORUM
Geez, has it been five years? I remember our early msn conversations! Glad to have meet you bud.

Legion: TBD
Hi Jurjen,

I'm not as long on this board as you are but I totally agree with you that this is a wonderful place to exchange and share our knowledge and interest of Roman history and that these conferences give us the chance to meet in the real world.

See you again hopefully this year,
Doesn't that mean that you will receive a gold torque now?
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
He just did. Good to have you on board Jurjen!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Thanks all. It's fine to hear you also enjoy my input to the board.
But again it's very nice to see we have this board, with members from all areas over the world and just can freely talk about our interest. We make it all together. (so, now I'm gonna work on a new project again, and making some more pictures for the how-to that will follow soon)
ALA I BATAVORUM
great to have you for so long Jurjen - i have been here almost 8 years....
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RAT - Do we still get an award for one year of membership? stevesarak 11 2,030 04-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat