Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympische Forschungen
Does anyone out there have copies of the books in this series? I just got Band 29 (weapons) as an early Xmas present, and now (I don't read German) I'd like to know if there's more. Armour? Shields?

I went to the Walter de Gruyter Website and there SEEMS to be a title called "Argive Shields" and another called "Archaic Shield emblems and designs."

Website is www.degruyter.com/cont/fb/at/atReiEn.cfm?rc=16650

If anyone owns all these books, I'd appreciate some comments before I spend hundreds of dollars. If someone else speaks German and could at least translate the series titles, that would help.

As a teaser, the volume I now own (Die Angriffswaffen Aus Olympia) (Offensive Weapons at Olympia) has over three hundred original Saurauters illustrated. as well as many hundreds of arrowheads, more than a dozen swords, at least a hundred spear heads...

I don't speak a word of German (okay, now I know one word, angriffswaffen) but this book has already overturned things that I thought that I knew about Greek spears and saurauters. So--what other books are there in this series?

Help!

And finally, anyone want to start translating this? I suspect that it would be a public service for reenactors. I may try to pay a translator here in Canada, at least to do the swords part.
Qui plus fait, miex vault.

Messages In This Thread
Olympische Forschungen - by Kineas - 12-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Re: Olympische Forschungen - by Jason Hoffman - 12-28-2008, 04:00 AM
Re: Olympische Forschungen - by PMBardunias - 12-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Re: Olympische Forschungen - by Kineas - 01-03-2009, 03:29 AM
Re: Olympische Forschungen - by MeinPanzer - 01-03-2009, 04:09 AM
Re: Olympische Forschungen - by Kineas - 01-03-2009, 04:11 AM