Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LIMES Conference, Newcastle Upon Tyne, 17th-23rd August
The Congress will take place from Monday 17th August to Sunday 23rd August, 2009, at Newcastle upon Tyne, at the invitation of Tyne and Wear Archives and Museums. The first Congress was held at King’s College (now Newcastle University) in July 1949, and the 2009 meeting will mark its 60th anniversary:

http://www.twmuseums.org.uk/archaeology ... table.html

Speakers include lots of well known faces, including David Breeze, Paul Bidwell, Carol Van Driel Murrary, Mike Bishop etc. Rather less well known is Kurt Hunter-Mann will be speaking on the Wednesay afternoon about a new date for the Mult-Angular Tower in York, which should cause some ... er ... spirited debate :wink:

Will any other RATers be there? Should be fun!
Hello Sandra

Yes, I will be there along with some books and paintings for display.

I am pleased to hear that Mike Bishop will be there now.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Hey Graham Big Grin

Well from the copy of the programme that Kurt's been sent he's on, but maybe the programme is out of date? May be Mike will chip in an confirm one way or the other?

We'll make sure we find you - we're there Weds and Friday. Kurt's also leading a tour round York on Sunday 16th, with me acting as sheep dog. We'll be looking at a tower foundation that isn't normally open to the public, which should be good. Hope the weather holds though, and we have something like the sun we've had today :roll: Are you doing the whole conference?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dorchester Roman Festival is on 23rd May at Maumbury Rings Conal 1 1,074 04-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Last Post: ParthianBow
  XXI st Limes conference 2009 Newcastle brennivs - tony drake 2 1,680 03-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake