Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Torture devices
Does anone know or have any pictures of the Roman whip that has "claws" on it.

I remember seeing it on the histroy channel where they whipped a piece of beef to show the lethality of it.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Rusty has a replica on the Soul of the Warrior site. He'd have to be the one to describe the historicity of it, though.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Thanks David for the info
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
They showed this particular whip on an episode of the History Channel show Ancient Discoveries, the episode was call ancient torture tech.
Go in peace, and may the light of Lugh shine on your path
Divitiacus: Priest and brehon of the Druid order
Commander of the Brayden Cael
(AKA Justin Hawley)
have searched for it

http://legvi.tripod.com/armamentarium/id118.html

have seen this in passion of the christ i think. i did not know it really existed :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yves Goris
Quintus Aurelius Lepidus
Legio XI Claudia Pia Fidelis
Reburrus
Cohors VII Raetorum Equitata (subunit of Legio XI CPF)
vzw Legia
Flanders
Quote:have searched for it

http://legvi.tripod.com/armamentarium/id118.html

have seen this in passion of the christ i think. i did not know it really existed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was it similar to the nasty cat-o'-nine tails,used during the 18th-19th centuries??Heard some disturbing stories avout what it could do!
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes
Yes, except with nail like claws, pretty excruciating, even just to watch. Confusedhock:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NSFW-Did the Romans Use Rape Torture Wooden Board Beds esp in Roman Legion Camps? Wrangler29 3 369 09-20-2022, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Longovicium