Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To.. wear the Pugio and Gladius (belts, fasteners)
Normally it's just an annoyance, with the scabbard shifting forward and bouncing off my knee as I run, or am in combat. Now however with my greaves, if I bend my knee forward the tip of the sheeth has actually gotten stuck in the gap between the top of the greave and my knee cap....straightening it causes all kinds of problems, from crushing my knee cap to having the sword get pushed up into my inner arm/arm pit.

So it isn't an option for me...plus having the sword shift forward can cause drawing issues if it isn't in the right position. I'd say you're safe if you're just doing light duties, but anything requiring a lot of body movement/changes in momentum and you're going to run into problems. Though I am considering using a thong to secure the sword directly to my belt...as it stands, the sword baldric pulls my one phalerae off to the side anyway, so I'm trying to figure out how to avoid that.

Legion: TBD

Messages In This Thread
standards - by derek forrest - 12-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Re: How To.. wear the Pugio and Gladius (belts, fasteners) - by Magnus - 09-03-2010, 02:36 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One Belt for Pugio and Gladius 66kbm 3 2,547 05-18-2015, 10:33 AM
Last Post: A_Volpe
  guttman gladius whit pugio munazio planco 7 2,335 09-24-2014, 01:05 PM
Last Post: munazio planco
  Gladius and pugio munazio planco 3 1,609 04-25-2014, 05:45 PM
Last Post: d.carmichael