Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To.. wear the Pugio and Gladius (belts, fasteners)
Tim. I would welcome any of the info you mention in particular that which referes to the button and loop fasteners, I do of course have my own collection of such fasteners of various types. There is however the situation that the evidence put forward by Miks does not show two of these fasteners, the one which is shown in his drawings looks to be similar to a couple that I have. It looks to be in the region of 30 to 35 mm in diameter and the shank that comes from the back of it looks to be around 20 mm at it's widest. Then as it has a double hole configuration to it these holes cannot be much more than 4-5 mm internal diameter, this is where if we allow for the sides of the holes being 2-3 mm wide which would then only allow leather thongs of about 4-5 mm width to support the sword. Then of course when we look at his drawing that shows the scabbard lifted up above the waist belt with the straps going around the belt, why in the world do we need the stud or anything for that matter. I do believe that any idea of these type of studs being used for weapons suspension would not work for they are much too delicate.
Brian Stobbs

Messages In This Thread
standards - by derek forrest - 12-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Re: How To.. wear the Pugio and Gladius (belts, fasteners) - by PhilusEstilius - 12-23-2008, 01:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One Belt for Pugio and Gladius 66kbm 3 2,548 05-18-2015, 10:33 AM
Last Post: A_Volpe
  guttman gladius whit pugio munazio planco 7 2,335 09-24-2014, 01:05 PM
Last Post: munazio planco
  Gladius and pugio munazio planco 3 1,609 04-25-2014, 05:45 PM
Last Post: d.carmichael