Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Always I am Caesar by W. Jeffrey Tatum
Hopefully I am not rehashng a dead horse here, as I cannot find a post about this one. My apologies if I am.

This is quite a good book, with what appears to me to be good information on the various aspects of Roman culture, that helped shape the man who was Caesar.

I am almost halfway through, and it is quite an interesting read, as it does not just reiterate the writing of Caesar, but trys to comprehend the man himself, and his relationships with his contemporaries and adversaries..

I would recommend it to anyone with an interest in him and that period.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Looks interesting

I have added this to my Amazon list (I will need a thousand years to read all the books on my list... Cry )

Thanks for the "heads up."

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Yeah, same here! Sad , and hope you enjoy it!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Thanks for the tip, added to mine as well
AKA Travis S.
This book is definately an in depth look at the man, and no doubt will have a few people up in arms.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel