Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Name For Group
I'm looking for good ideas for naming a Eastern Roman as well as Western and Eastern "barbarians" group set in the 6th-7th c AD.
Derek D. Estabrook
The Basilikoi Anthropoi for your Byzantines?

What do you aim to do, mostly? Military life? Crafts? Combat simulation? Display?

Could you just pick any of the hundreds of really cool Late Roman titles and designations?

For the barbarians, I would suggest "Si amicus, non vicinus"
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
The Buccelarii?

Or for the Eastern Romans, the Tagmata?

Cheers

Caballo
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
Quote:Si amicus, non vicinus
:lol:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Good suggestions. I was thinking Optimatoi. I thought of tagmata or tagma, but I would probably prefer bandon if I was to use the term as the title for my group. The main focus is on both military and civilian and will be special project based. By this I mean it will have a lot of goals and projects beyond just dressing up and having a bash now and again, not that they're nothing wrong with that as I have a great time with that. As far as what you portray in your reenacting as a member I'm pretty open so long as whatever you do is done well and the person contributes to the group in some way.

One of the first projects I'm working on is a site I'm establishing in the Midwest, U.S. I'm calling Alboin. It will be a permanent village settlement where the goal is to be self supporting in a manner similar to a Mennanite colony with more of a historial element. Anyone interested I'd be happy to talk more about it, just PM me.
Derek D. Estabrook
You should begin to collect boxes of gold coin, as it will make things go easier once you've done that.
:lol: :wink:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Sure thing. Maybe you'll travel to Narnia and pick me up some. :roll:
Derek D. Estabrook
I can't. My wife sold the wardrobe in a yard sale last weekend. Sorry. Cry :roll:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.