Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schwejk / Å vejk
I am desperatly loloking for dvds / videos of the story of The Good Soldier Å vejk with Fritz Muliar in the main role.
SCHWEJK / MULIAR
Can anyone help, perhaps?
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
I can't help you, but yes - that will be nice to watch!! I love Jaroslav Hašek. A man who founds a political "Party for Moderate Progress Within the Confines of the Law" is a worthy compatriot of Jara Cimrman. Czechs have a great sense of humor.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
I had a copy of the book when I was stationed in Germany in the early 70s. We had, on occasion, surprise inspections and searches of our quarters for 'contraband" which at the time included any anti-military (read anti-Army), literature, music, or anything else that appeared on a list, or appeared to "contribute to low moral". At the time this included Beetle Baliley comics. My copy of "The Good Soldier Å vejk" was passed over after some NCOs puzzled over it a bit. We passed it around and it gave us some ideas and laughs we were not supposed to have. I don't know if I can even find a copy of the book now.

Ralph I.
Hi,

don't know the movie Christian mentioned. But I've always liked the Czech one.

Jona, it's a pleasure to see that there are also people from outside of Czech Republic who know about the famous Jara da Cimrman! Big Grin

Greetings
Alexandr
OK...

Christian,

I found The Good Soldier Å vejk, 1956 and The Good Soldier Å vejk 2, Beg To Report, Sir, 1957. They are available in the US. PM me if you want these and I will hook you up.

Ralph
Quote:it's a pleasure to see that there are also people from outside of Czech Republic who know about the famous Jara da Cimrman!
Well, that's not too difficult, of course. We all know he's the greatest Czech of all times, don't we?

And let's face it, the greatest Briton was Winston Churchill, who merely won the Second War; the best German was Adenauer, and I forgot what he did, just like France's Charles de Gaulle - is he famous for something comparable to, well, just to mention something, Cimrman's advise to Anton Chekhov that two sisters were not enough? And Cimrman did so much more. He is the epitome of true historical greatness. Everyone knows that. It's just pathetic that other nations even dare to nominate a "greatest Briton", "German", or "Frenchman".
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Hey Ralph,
the two you have found there are not the ones with Fritz Muliar, and are available here as well. But thanks for your effort, anyway. Smile
I contacted the Austrian Television, they do have a service where you can order anything they ever broadcasted on dvd. But they want 510.-€ for the 14 episodes. o0
Christian K.

It´s ou! it´s out! Since november 17th finally available! Hooray! And only 20.-€! Smile
Schwejk
p.s.: Don´t miss to open the video! Wink
Christian K.

Hi everyone,
I am allways really happy, If I am reading that our small nation is known all around the world :-) -) ) cimrman is the great one ;-) ) And The good soldier Å vejk is.. famous...

regards from a bit cold Prague, brrrr
Radka Hlavacova A.K.A Titvs Iventivs Martivs
Tesserarivs Legio IIII FF
Castra Romana, Czech republic
"Concordia militvm"