Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
makes tunics and bashing pale by comparison
Just noticed the increasingly nasty and public exchange between Lord Colin Renfrew of Cambridge Univ and the editor of "Archaeology Today", Hershel Shanks, over the 'James Ossuary". The latest multi page attack is in the May/June 2003 edition. Makes the arguments here fade into the background. Looting, anti-semitism, unprovenanced artifacts, scholarly reputations, all up on the block. <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
There's an old saying: "Academic battles are so fierce because the stakes are so tiny." <p></p><i></i>
Well,<br>
<br>
Having viewed the totally ridiculous and unscientific documentary about this stone coffin that couldnt even be transported safely to Canada, and having heard the ridiculous statistical claims made to prove that mr James was indeed mr Jesus his Brother, I can understand the fighting spirit...<br>
<br>
But to throw with words like antisemitism is in my view a new and totally weird trend in the modern world........<br>
<br>
Jesus (the holy man) came from Nazareth, he was a galilean...<br>
So what proof is there the ossuary beloned to his family, let alone to someone named Josef/Yussuf or whatever...<br>
And would Jesus his father also have lived in Jerusalem??<br>
<br>
anyway this thing will raise the debate again, and as we all know, religion has F***ed up the world in the worst way ever possible!!<br>
<br>
so i hope they will battle it out and get to a new understanding, without wishful thinking and other weird ideas.....<br>
<br>
best wishes<br>
<br>
M.VIB.M.<br>
<p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  German versus Japanese atrocities - and a comparison to Rome Timotheus 31 6,093 09-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat