Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R.E.M.A.
I haven't seen any topic about it, so I start one, if someone is interested...

The R.E.M.A. (Revue des Etudes Militaires Anciennes : Journal of Ancient Military Studies) is a French journal trying to gather articles about military history, mainly from Greek and Roman world, but also from enemies and allies and ancient mediterranean civilisations. It is edited by Professor Yann Le Bohec (no need to introduce him I guess...) and it presents papers from different authors, in French, bu also English, German, Italian...
2 issues have been published yet and a third one is in preparation...
The last one presented, for example, interesting bibliographies, an article about the battle of Ausculum (279 BC), about Suetonius and military matters, about Bar Kohkba's revolt, about Naues Iusoriae, etc...
Hi Francois,
Good to hear the publication is back on track(?), after the 1st issue in 2004, it stayed quiet for a long time. When was issue 2 published and when will 3 come out?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Well, the 2nd issue is supposed to out since... 2005 ! But I don't know if it is the actual publishing date... I bought mine only last year...
About the third one, I only know from my professor that it is about to be released, but I have no clue about the date ! Wait and see... Wink I'll keep you inform as soon as I know more !
Looks as if volume 2 only appeared last year, although it has a cover date of 2005: see www.antiqbook.fr/boox/pic/208925.shtml.

I haven't seen it, but it's going on my Santa list.

btw It looks as if our own Florian Himmler has an article in there. Maybe he can shed some light on the delayed issue date?
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Yes, the Volume 2 was definitively not published in 2005... I often check bookshops in Paris and I found it only last year... :?