Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my book
so, ive just returned from italy after two weeks crawling around campagnia, particularly pompeii and herculaneum and i have a renewed zeal for my work of histroical fiction. though it is centered further north and has nothing to do with campagnia, being around all that ancient goodness was certainly inspiring. anyway thats what ive been up to and ive penned another chapter. when i have several more complete and the copyright ensured, i will post it here if anyone is interested. i know i have been absent from the boards for a while but the army has me leaving for iraq again soon so we have been quite busy, that and moving into the new house which is still not entirely unpacked has taken up all my "spare" time. wish me luck, the research on this alone is a doctoral endeavor!
-Jason

(GNAEVS PETRONIVS CANINVS, LEGIIAPF)

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"
Sounds great! It seems like you had a great time in Italy; it is a beautiful country. I would love to preview your work. What is the book's time period? As far as going to Iraq is concerned, be safe! I have several classmates of mine over there right now. Good luck and God bless!
John Baker

Justice is the constant and perpetual wish to render to every one his due.
- Institutes, bk. I, ch. I, para. I
Yeah, I spent a year doing the research for my new book, and it was fun!! Writing is almost as fun.

But research is so addictive - you really have to stop yourself and start writing. Sad
~ Paul Elliott

The Last Legionary
This book details the lives of Late Roman legionaries garrisoned in Britain in 400AD. It covers everything from battle to rations, camp duties to clothing.