Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbridge Loricae
I'm just wondering if anyone can point me toward actual papers written on the subject of the Lorica segmentatae found in the so-called 'Corbridge Hoard'. From the various websites around I've learned the basics of how the armor was reconstructed and I've found lots of good images of the artifacts themselves, but I'm quite curious to read what historians have written about them. Web-based stuff would be most-preferrable, if any is available. Journal articles that I can look up in university libraries would be excellent as well.<br>
<br>
Thanks.<br>
<br>
Matt <p></p><i></i>
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Hey Matt,<br>
Try the following.....<br>
<br>
"Excavations at Roman Corbridge-The Hoard" , L Allanson-Jones & M.C.Bishop (English Heritage),ISBN1-85074-191-3 (198<br>
<br>
"Lorica Segmentata Vol 1, A Handbook Articulated Roman Plate Armour", M.C.Bishop (Armatvra Press), ISBN 0-953-9848-42 (2002)<br>
<br>
"Lorica Segmentata Vol 2, A Catalogue of Finds", M.D.Thomas (Armatvra Press), ISBN 0-953-9848-5-0<br>
<br>
(The Lorica Seg. books MAY still be available from Oxbow books)<br>
<br>
Try [link=http://www.loricasegmentata.org]www.loricasegmentata.org[/link]<br>
Regards,<br>
David Armstrong<br>
(Sydney Ancients)<br>
If you can get a copy of The Hoard book, be sure that it includes the folder of unbound illustrations.<br>
PS - if anyone has a copy for sale please contact me off list ( [email protected] ) <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Production of loricae Jona Lendering 2 1,282 07-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Jona Lendering
  Loricae Jona Lendering 27 4,944 05-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Last Post: mcbishop