in old medical books
any info would be helpful

Quintus Augustus
Roy Hollar
Quintus Augustus
roy hollar

so shall it be written
so shall it be done
Here a link to the website of the Dutch re-enactment society PAX Romana, whith a lot of photo's of their medicus gear. (click on the photo's to enlarge)
[url:2ohvxz8t]http://www.paxromana.nl/nl/dokter.htm[/url]

And a germen website, which also contains a lot of pictures:
[url:2ohvxz8t]http://www.medicus-romanus.de[/url]
ALA I BATAVORUM
thank you so much this will help

Quintus Augustus
roy hollar
Quintus Augustus
roy hollar

so shall it be written
so shall it be done
Hi Roy,

Quote:i am looking for info and
armor that was used for
the medics

For something like the capsarius I guess it is quite safe to say that you can think of him as any other soldier. For a medicus - no idea and I doubt anybody really knows. Some of them we know that they served only for a comparatively short time (months rather than years) on a contracted basis and therefore may have been wearing no armor at all at any time IMO. Generally they are seen to be at an officer's level.

Some info may be had here:

Davies, Roy.W. The Medici of the Roman Armed Forces. Epigraphische Studien 8. Düsseldorf, 1969. 82-99

Davies, Roy W. The Roman Military Medical Service. Saalburg Jahrbuch 27, 1970. 84-104

Scarborough, John. Roman Medicine and the Legions: A Reconsideration. Medical History 12, 1968. 254-261

Nutton, Vivian. Medicine and the Roman Army: A Further Reconsideration. Medical History 13, 1969. 260-270

More recent, but in German is:

Juliane C. Wilmanns: Der Sanitätsdienst im Römischen Reich. Eine sozialgeschichtliche Studie zum Römischen Militärsanitätswesen nebst einer Prosopographie des Sanitätspersonals, Medizin der Antike, Band 2, Olms – Weidmann, Hildesheim, 1995