Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling on the forums Extensive Knowledge
Ok backdrop

Im making a linothorax (attempting, when time permits). I decided to go with the sewn method (first time really trying to make ... well anything).
I have it in four pieces front, side, back , side havent done the shoulders yet ( thats an issue in it self ). The sides are done, now i need to connect them... o shyt i didnt think that far ahead ( material is 100% linen i forgot to mention if that matters at all), any ideas how to connect these pieces so they are "nice and neat". I have a few ideas but want to hear the forums opinion.
The way i did mine,I did half the layers in one piece and then glued(glueing was my choice back then) the four parts of the rest half layers on that base. What you can do is add some layers as a base where you'll place the four parts on.
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
I thought about doing it that way Giannis. (i have read your posts)
I also thought about just adding a smaller strip (of linen) to connect the Pieces on the back, but this leaves spaceing near the side of the armour (i'm wondering if a base few pieces of linen would do the same) which would pose a huge problem for anyone using it for combat. Anyone with some skill with the spear or blade could easily find that soft spot.
I can fix that by pulling it really tight( before i sew it togeather) but then it doesnt lay flat when the armour is open.
That why i asked here, wondering if anyone had similar problems or any ideas.