Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linothorax Pictures
For those of us relatively new to this argument, could you tell me where to find either of these?
Qui plus fait, miex vault.
Quote:
MeinPanzer:14wmf1tu Wrote:Is this the Mycenaean-era one? I seem to recall some mention of a multi-layered linen fragment found at Thebes... Are you sure it's unpublished?
There are two extant finds of layered linen. One was at a Mycenaean grave shaft and was published some time ago. The other, more complete, example was recently found at Thebes and will not be published for some time.

How do we know about it? How long ago was it discovered?
Ruben

He had with him the selfsame rifle you see with him now, all mounted in german silver and the name that he\'d give it set with silver wire under the checkpiece in latin: Et In Arcadia Ego. Common enough for a man to name his gun. His is the first and only ever I seen with an inscription from the classics. - Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Bronze_Age_C ... wtopic=290
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
It would probably be productive to check preliminary archaeological reports for excavations at Thebes in recent publications to see if these finds have garnered any attention yet.
Ruben

He had with him the selfsame rifle you see with him now, all mounted in german silver and the name that he\'d give it set with silver wire under the checkpiece in latin: Et In Arcadia Ego. Common enough for a man to name his gun. His is the first and only ever I seen with an inscription from the classics. - Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian