Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gladiator talking head required (US)
Got this request:
Quote:I am a development associate at Morningstar Entertainment, an award-winning nonfiction and documentary television production company based in Burbank, CA, USA. We are currently producing a television show about warrior cultures and actual combat forms and weapons they used, and we are looking for experts in Roman Gladiator combat. We are looking for an on-camera expert that can confidently speak about and demonstrate the Roman gladiators’ weapons and battle tactics. If you know any people in the United States that share your knowledge of Roman gladiator combat skills and weaponry, I would sure appreciate the references.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Martin Kealey´s your man.
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
So am I. Please send me contact information.
Pecunia non olet
Jasper--

The guy you need is Dr. Arik L. Greenberg, curator /director of the Museum of the Ancient Roman Soldier (MARS) right here in sunny LA. MARS also has a ready display of gladiatorial artifacts and memorabilia, both original and replica, and a stock of trained gladiator reenactors.

Put the Morningstar people in touch with me directly (I'm the museum's media liaison) and I'll set everything up with Arik.
T. Flavius Crispus / David S. Michaels
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
Morning Star web site

http://morningstarentertainment.com/main.html

OFFICE:
350 North Glenoaks Blvd., Suite #300
Burbank, CA 91502

TELEPHONE:
Direct (818) 559-7255
Fax (818) 559-7551

E-MAIL:
[email protected]

Good Luck!

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
I agree Martin Kealey is your man!!
Joshua B. Davis

Marius Agorius Donatus Minius Germanicus
Optio Centuriae
Legio VI FFC, Cohors Flavus
[url:vat9d7f9]http://legvi.tripod.com[/url]

"Do or do not do, their is no try!" Yoda
I've emailed them. Maybe they can pit Martin and me in a munera sine missione to see who gets the job.
Pecunia non olet
Hmmm, I see my name being bandied about re some gladiator show. I guess I'll have to try to contact these LA people and see what is what. As for a match with John Roberts, sounds like fun, although I have gotten rather sluggish lately. The years they be a showin.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gladiator head injuries PMBardunias 1 2,604 04-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Medusa Gladiatrix