Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German versus Japanese atrocities - and a comparison to Rome
Quote:
Timotheus:21ohmtku Wrote:I figured about as on-topic as "What was the last movie you saw" which is why I put it in OT.

The difference being that your question delves into relatively modern politics, and not of the best of kinds either (if there is such a thing). This is still a sensitive issue for many nations, veterans, survivors, families and so on.

I don't think this is the forum for this particular type of discussion, but that is just me.

I would not have expected that a 70 plus year old event would be modern enough for posters here to have personal feelings about it.

If that is the case and this is painful and uncomfortable for people then by all means close the thread. It is not worth it.

Oh and you are definitely right. There is little if anything that has to do with modern politics that is ever a good conversation. Big Grin
Timothy Hanna

Messages In This Thread
Re: German versus Japanese atrocities - and a comparison to Rome - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 09-16-2008, 03:21 PM
OT cut-off - by Goffredo - 09-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Re: German versus Japanese atrocities - and a comparison to Rome - by Timotheus - 09-16-2008, 04:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  roman atrocities TFLAVIUSAMBIORIX 72 11,951 01-31-2006, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Caius Valens
  makes tunics and bashing pale by comparison richsc 2 1,206 05-20-2003, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Anonymous