Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlisle Millennium Project Conference
This announcement was on the Britarch mailing list earlier today:<br>
<br>
<em><strong>Carlisle Millennium Project Conference, 15 to 17 October 2004, to be held at the Swallow Hotel, London Road, Carlisle</strong><br>
<br>
This conference will present the results of the excavations on Castle Green, Carlisle, between 1998 and 2001, which unearthed amazing wooden structures and a fascinating collection of artefacts from waterlogged deposits. Papers will be presented on Roman armour (considered of international importance), weapons, metalwork, dendrochronology, pottery, sculptured stone, Roman coins, leatherwork, wooden structures and on life in the Roman fort. Conference fee is 50.00 GBP. Accommodation to be booked separately direct with the Swallow Hotel, tel 01228 529255. To book your conference place contact Dr Carol Allen, Oxford Archaeology North, Storey Institute, Meeting House Lane, Lancaster, LA1 1T, tel 01524 541000, fax 01524 848606, email c.allen@oxford arch.co.uk. Places are limited, so please book early.</em><br>
<br>
Mike Bishop <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
I gather that Carol Allan the chair has resigned. Is this going to happen?? <p></p><i></i>
Quod imperatum fuerit facimus et ad omnem tesseram parati erimus
<em>I gather that Carol Allan the chair has resigned. Is this going to happen??</em><br>
<br>
She no longer works for OAU, but so far as I know it does not affect the conference.<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carlisle Millennium dig conference mcbishop 4 1,770 05-12-2004, 05:46 PM
Last Post: mcbishop